28 February, 2010

Project #1 'Around the World in Eighty Dishes'

I'm leaving Sunday Self Secrets for tonight to instead introduce my first ever blog project! I've been thinking about this all week and I think tonight is time to put it to my public.

Exciting huh?

For the next year I'm going to be trying new dishes from all over the world and posting them here, along with the ingredients, the instructions on how to make them and some information about the dish. I love trying new dishes and since my boyfriend will eat pretty much anything I think this could be fun. Also finding new dishes from around the world on our modest budget is going to be a difficult challenge but I know it'll be enjoyable (and if gives me a great excuse to go to our local market!).

And here is where I need the help. I'd love for all my followers to give me suggestions for countries to cook dishes from! I'll do the research and find the dishes, all you have to do is suggest the country.


I'm really excited about this, so please send your suggestions my way.

9 comments:

  1. Thailand! Mmm I love Thai food :) what a great idea for a project!

    wrappedupwithstring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persian food. I love Iranian food - going to make some tacheen tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how exciting! What a great challenge. Indian and Thai food are two of my favourites. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lebanese is supposed to be nice, though I've never tried it

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a pretty cool idea! wow. my favorites are Mexican and Italian...can't wait for when you try sushi!!
    xox alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. spanish food! my grandparents are spanish, i love tapas and paelle (but NEVER EVER put peas in a paella!!!)

    ReplyDelete